1. I tried the whole “deep thoughts” thing last night, and I’m amazed at how bad I’ve gotten at the whole LJ/blogging thing. I feel like I can’t write – no, scratch that – I feel like I can’t even think
properly anymore. Seems I need the mental exercise of putting my thoughts into concrete words, of committing them to paper in order to force them into some sort of sense. Because the stuff I wrote last night? Not so much with the making sense.
In other words, back to random, trivial natterings.
2. For reasons beyond my control, my daughter has spent the evening addressing me as “sir.” In a moment of ill-advised sarcasm, I said to her, “so what does that make you, Marcie
?” Naturally, because Life Is Like That, she said “Yes. I’m Marcie,” and now she won’t respond to her own name.
Oh, and just to stir things up a bit - Daddy intervened, and now if she doesn't call me “sir,” she’s calling me “Peppermint Mommy.” Ah, the joys.
3. If OTPs were assigned based on how much you encountered them in one day, my new OTP would be “My Dog/Underpants in the Hamper.” I’m just saying.
4. Once again, the mister is working (at least he’s at home, though!), leaving me to my own devices to entertain myself.*pauses* this is how I got into trouble the last time, isn’t it.
Anyway. In a pile next to me, I have the following (in no particular order):
*seasons one and two of Stargate SG-1
*season two of Smallville
*book - The Half-Blood Prince
*DVD - "Fifty First Dates"
*book – The Valley of Horses
Plus, y’know. The laptop.
I don’t know why I give myself this many choices. I’m going to do what I end up doing ninety-five percent of the time when he’s down the hall and I’m in here – I’ll keep telling myself I’ll watch one episode of Smallville and then turn off the computer so I can be asleep by ten-thirty.
What I’ll actually end up doing is dinking on the computer until midnight, all the while lecturing myself on how I need more sleep.
Being predictable is so … predictable.
5. Unlike the way that you never can tell, with bees
, I find that I always can tell, with headaches - one of which I have now.
See, there’s the 'I just need some caffeine' headache (this is not one of those, which is good, because caffeine this late at night would make for a whole new set of problems).
There’s the 'everyone is so LOUD' headache, which this one cannot be, as the house is as close to silent as it gets.
There’s the 'I’m utterly exhausted' headache, which this just doesn’t feel like; when I tried to lie down earlier, me poor wee head just hurt all the more.
There’s the 'I’m so stressed out' headache, which I have ruled out because those headaches occur right here
*points to back of head* and this current headache hurts right here
*points to side of head, towards the back sort of behind the right ear, but kind of reflecting out in a triangular fashion*.
Happily, it’s definitely not the 'hello, I am a migraine and I’m here to keel you ded!' headache. (As if I’d be here typing if it were that sort.) However, that leaves me with the 'shut up and suffer through it and it’ll most likely be gone in the morning' option. Hmph.
Unless, of course, it’s one of those sudden-onset brain tumors. *wg*
6. I can’t decide whether or not this is sacrilege
. Whether or not it is, I know that it’s funny. (there are 16 panels). Don't miss "Sodom and Gomorrah"!
7. That's it for tonight, as my right eye is now tearing up with pain. Oy.